Local journalism with an adventure kick.
BLDRfly flies as more than a magazine — it is a movement. Designed to unleash the immense dynamism Boulder has and foster productive conversations by exploring the people, businesses and issues shaping the future in + from Boulder, BLDRfly is locally owned and operated. All staff and service providers work from Boulder.
Sponsor the newsletter
Newsletter sponsorships include exclusive linked branding in our twice-weekly newsletter. First position falls between the newsletter’s first and second stories. Launch rate of $75 for each ad.
Second position falls just before the newsletter’s last story. Launch rate of $45 for each ad.
We also offer bulk rates for 10 first-position ads for $500 and 10 second-position ads for $300, and newsletter takeovers, which brings your message exclusively
Sponsor the podcast
The BLDRfly podcast features interviews with Boulder luminaries around specific topics in the news and related to our monthly issues. Recent podcasts have featured Boulder Mayor Pro Tem Bob Yates, Frasca co-owner Bobby Stuckey, Boulder Chamber CEO John Tayer and Oak at Fourteenth Chef Steve Redzikowski.
Sponsorships include the ability to have your message live-read within the podcast and visual branding on the podcast itself.
Podcast message: $100. Messages in 10 podcasts: $800.
Reach out to BLDRfly founder Paul Hagey for details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For our listing of the week, we report a custom story on a Boulder real estate listing by speaking to the agent and seller, then we advertise it on our social media and feature it in our email newsletter.
Our founder and editor Paul Hagey is an award-winning former real estate journalist, so he has deep experience in creating and crafting engaging stories about homes for sale.
BLDRfly has extensive reach in Boulder and also a talented creative team who can turn your message into engaging content.
We offer two packages: sponsored content, where approved advertisers supply the content and we edit it, and our creative studio, where we work with advertisers to refine their messaging and then write a story or series of sponsored stories that appear on BLDRfly.
Both packages include advertising the sponsored posts on BLDRfly social accounts.
Sponsored content price: $300. Creative studio price: $600.
Are you passionate about a topic — say affordable housing, city growth policy, or local farming? Sponsor BLDRfly to turn its award-winning journalists onto the topic. We develop an article or series of articles featuring in-depth research and verifiably accurate, on a line-by-line basis, that can help spur productive conversations.
You direct the topic, we handle the research, reporting, writing, photography, writing, (and where applicable) podcasts.
Pricing varies depending on complexity of the topic and scope. Reach out to email@example.com to discuss.
BLDRfly is a completely bootstrapped production. We are pushing hard to create a more vibrant, fun future in Boulder and, by becoming a patron of BLDRfly, you could help us take the small steps to fly even higher.
We offer six tiers of annual patronage memberships:
- Bald Eagles ($1,200): Support BLDRfly with specific capital campaigns, including website revision, logo redesign and more. Includes invitation to exclusive BLDRfly patron Flight Club events (when we can get together again). You also receive a special callout on our patron page. Bonus: BLDRfly assistant editor, Taty Sharpton, a trained oil painter, will paint a custom 9″x9″ painting for you.
- Great Horned Owls ($900): These donations go to overhead expenses such as office space, payroll and technology. These patrons receive invitations to the exclusive patron Flight Club events as well (when we can get together again). You also receive a special callout on our patron page.
- Starlings ($600): These donations help fuel BLDRfly’s marketing expenses, including stickers, Facebook advertising and more. These patrons receive invitations to the exclusive patron Flight Club events as well (when we can get together again). You also receive a special callout on our patron page.
- Stellar’s Jays ($300): These donations help BLDRfly spend extra time reporting on an investigative piece.
- Mountain Chickadees ($120): These patrons receive a quarterly mailed, handwritten thank-you note from BLDRfly.
- Corporate Mountain Lions ($3,000): These corporate patrons get access to our exclusive patron Flight Club events, receive special sponsor branding in BLDRfly newsletters and a prominent callout on our patron page.